Nagamani, K. Sesha Kumar, N. Sucharitha, P V Savitha
Email ID Not Available
Nagamani1, K. Sesha Kumar2, N. Sucharitha3, P V Savitha4
1Professor Cum Principal, Suyog College of Nursing, Mysuru, Karnataka.
2Community Health Officer, HWC- Valligatla, Chittoor Dt, Andhra Pradesh.
3Associate Professor, AECS Maaruti College of Nursing, Bangalore.
4Assistant Professor, Quality Health Care College of Nursing, Bangalore.
Volume - 1,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2022
Sexu?l Dysfun?ti?n (SD) is ? dis?rder ?f sexual beh?vi?r ?nd sens?ti?n of sex which a??e?rs ?s ?n ?bn?rm?lity ?r ?bsen?e ?f sexu?l ?sy?h?l?gy ?nd ?hysi?l?gi??l re??ti?ns in both genders. M?le sexu?l dysfun?ti?n is becoming a major health concern with regard to infertility while comparing equally to females. It affects men ?f ?ll reproductive ?ge groupss, but it is m?re ??mm?n with in?re?sing ?ge. Most of the time the desires of sexual dysfunction may leads to many psychological problems, the cause may be different from person to person. M?le sexu?l he?lth issues ?re n?thing t? be ?sh?med ?nd sh?uld be t?lked ?b?ut be??use it is ? m?n's thing th?t requires en?ugh ?ttenti?n. There is ? l?t ?f stigm? ?tt??hed t? it. F?r ? he?lthy re?r?du?tive life, tre?tment is needed. Nursing management focuses on guidance and counselling with proper consent in a professional manner to avoid issues and to promote wealth.
Cite this article:
Nagamani, K. Sesha Kumar, N. Sucharitha, P V Savitha. Male Sexual Dysfunction – An Over Looked Health Issue. A and V Pub Journal of Nursing and Medical Research. 2022; 1(1):27-1. doi: 10.52711/jnmr.2022.06
Nagamani, K. Sesha Kumar, N. Sucharitha, P V Savitha. Male Sexual Dysfunction – An Over Looked Health Issue. A and V Pub Journal of Nursing and Medical Research. 2022; 1(1):27-1. doi: 10.52711/jnmr.2022.06 Available on: https://jnmronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-1-1-6
1. Lei Chen, et al. Male Sexual Dysfunction: A Review of Literature on Its Pathological Mechanisms, Potential Risk Factors, and Herbal Drug Intervention. Biomedicine & Pharmacotheraphy. 2019; 112: 108585. Available From: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30798136/
2. Ronald W Lewis, et. al. Epidemiology / Risk Factors of Sexual Dysfunction. Journal of Sexual Medicine. 2004; 1 (1): 35-39. Available From: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16422981/
3. J Kaminetsky. Epidemiology and Pathophysiology of Male Sexual Dysfunction. International Journal of Impotence Research. 2008; 20: 3-10. Available From: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18552831/
4. Ashish Sabharwal. Male Sexual Dysfunction: Know Different Types of Problems, Their Treatments and Prevention Steps. Doctor ND TV. Feb 9, 2022. Available From: https://doctor.ndtv.com/mens-health/male-sexual-dysfunction-know-different-types-of-problems-their-treatments-and-prevention-steps-2530853
5. Giddy Staff. Types of Sexual Dysfunction in Men. Sex Overview. February 10, 2021. Available From: https://getmegiddy.com/men-sexual-dysfunction
6. Sharon Parmet, et al. Male Sexual Dysfunction. JAMA. 2004; 291(24):3076. Available From: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/198996
7. Niraj Ahuja. A short text book of Psychiatry. 6th Edition (2006). Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (New Delhi)
8. Anita H Clayton, et. al. Symptoms of sexual dysfunction in patients treated for major depressive disorder. : A meta-analysis comparing selegiline transdermal system and placebo using a patient-rated scale. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2007; 68: 1860-1866. Available From: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18162016/
9. Arackal BS, et. al. Prevalence of Sexual Dysfunction in Male Subjects with Alcohol Dependence. Indian journal of Psychiatry. 2007; 49(2): 109-112. Available From: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20711392/
10. Rosen RC. Prevalence and Risk Factors of Sexual Dysfunction in Men and Women. Current Psychiatry Reports. 2000; 2(3):189-195. Available From: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11920-996-0006-2
11. Briganti A, Salonia A, et. al. Erectile Dysfunction and Radical Prostatectomy: An Update. EAU update series. 2004; 2(2):84-92. Available From: https://www.academia.edu/16422329/Erectile_Dysfunction_and_Radical_Prostatectomy_An_Update
12. Bairagi G.B., Kabra A.O., et. al. Sexual Dysfunction in Men with Diabetes Mellitus. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011; 4(5): 677-684. Availabe From: https://rjptonline.org/HTMLPaper.aspx?Journal=Research%20Journal%20of%20Pharmacy%20and%20Technology;PID=2011-4-5-23