Poly cystic ovarian syndrome is one of the leading endocrine disorder among women. It affects one in 15 women in worldwide. The incidence of PCOS among adolescents is increasing significantly due to life style changes, endocrine diseases etc. The study aimed to evaluate the effectivess of structured teaching program on PCOS among Nursing students. A Pre experimental research design, one shot case method was adopted for this study. The sample size was 50 and the samples were selected by using purposive sampling technique. Self-structured questionnaire was used to assess the knowledge regarding polycystic ovarian syndrome. The pretest result showed that out of 50, 2(4%) had adequate knowledge, 25(50%) had moderate knowledge and 46% had inadequate knowledge. A planned teaching program on PCOS was administered to B.Sc Nursing 1st Year students and was evaluated. The post test findings showed that 14 (28%) had adequate knowledge, 31(62%) had moderate knowledge and 5(10%) had inadequate knowledge regarding polycystic ovarian syndrome. The t-test score was 5.66 (p<0.05). The researcher found that there was significant association between the posttest level of knowledge regarding PCOS and selected demographic variables like Age, Religion, Diet and Area of Residence.
Cite this article:
Frank J.C. A study to evaluate the effectiveness of planned teaching programme on knowledge regarding polycystic ovarian syndrome among Nursing students. A and V Pub Journal of Nursing and Medical Research. 2022; 1(1):8-2. doi: 10.52711/jnmr.2022.03
Frank J.C. A study to evaluate the effectiveness of planned teaching programme on knowledge regarding polycystic ovarian syndrome among Nursing students. A and V Pub Journal of Nursing and Medical Research. 2022; 1(1):8-2. doi: 10.52711/jnmr.2022.03 Available on: https://jnmronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-1-1-3
1. Santhipriya Monterio, Anusree G, Anusree. K. T, Arya Prasad N. T, RojaTom, Leethu David, Rasheeda Gopal, Neethu K, Vijila Vinu, Stany K. E, Jancy Johnson, Sneha Devasya. A Study to assess the effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme regarding knowledge on Polycystic ovarian syndrome among the adolescents of selected PU College in Mangaluru. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(2):213-216. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2021.00051.3
2. Sheela Williams, Lissa J, Saraswathi. K. N. A Study to assess the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on Knowledge Regarding Polycystic Ovarian Disease among Adolescent Girls in Selected Colleges in Mysuru. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research.2017; 7(3): 371-375. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2017.00074.X
3. Khushboo Brar, Tarundeep Kaur, P. Vadivukarrasi Ramanadin . Knowledge regarding Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) among the Teenage Girls. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research.2016; 4(2):136-140. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2016.00031.4
4. Anitharajendrababu, Mini Abraham. Effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme regarding Polycystic Ovarian Disease among Adolescent Girls. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management. 2017; 5(2):143-145. doi: 10.5958/2454-2652.2017.00030.0
5. Nancychandra Priya P., Shwetha M. N.. Knowledge regarding Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome among Young Female Adults. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2019; 9(1):84-86. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2019.00016.8
6. Annamma Jacob, A textbook of midwifery and gynaecological nursing, 4th edition, Page. No. 831-833.
7. Pareek Bharat, Kalia Raman, Textbook of Nursing Research and Biostatistics, 1st edition, Vision publications, Page. No: 78.
8. Deepa G Ashalatha PR, Textbook of Anatomy and Physiology for Nurses, 4th edition, Jaypee publications, Page No. 469-497.