Frank J.C, Deva Pon Pushpam.I
Prof. Frank J.C1, Mrs. Deva Pon Pushpam.I2
1Professor Cum Principal, Bee Enn College of Nursing, Chak Bhalwal, Jammu – 181122.
2Associate Professor, Bee Enn College of Nursing, Chak Bhalwal, Jammu – 181122.
Volume - 2,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2023
Nursing is an emerging profession. It deals with the development, maintenance and improvement of the health of all individuals. Attitude is an individual’s predisposed state of mind regarding a value and it is precipitated through a responsive expression towards oneself, a person, place, thing or event which in turn influences the individual’s thought and action. A descriptive study was conducted to assess the level of attitude towards nursing profession among rural people. The objectives of the study were to assess the level of attitude towards nursing profession among rural people and to find the association between the level of attitude towards nursing profession with selected socio demographic variables. Total enumerative sampling technique was used. A self-structured 5-point Likert scale was used to assess the level of attitude towards nursing profession. The reliability of the tool was 0.72. The results showed that 68.7% of the rural people had positive attitude and 31.3% had neutral attitude and 0% had negative attitude towards nursing profession. None of the socio demographic variables were associated with the level of attitude towards nursing profession. Rural people still do not believe that nurses educate people to live healthy.
Cite this article:
Frank J.C, Deva Pon Pushpam.I. Attitude towards nursing profession among rural people. A and V Pub Journal of Nursing and Medical Research. 2023; 2(2):46-9. doi: 10.52711/jnmr.2023.12
Frank J.C, Deva Pon Pushpam.I. Attitude towards nursing profession among rural people. A and V Pub Journal of Nursing and Medical Research. 2023; 2(2):46-9. doi: 10.52711/jnmr.2023.12 Available on: https://jnmronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-2-2-4
1. Smith, Y. (2023, Jan 2). Nursing Health Care Profession. News Medical Life Sciences. https://www.news-medical.net/health/Nursing-Healthcare-Profession.aspx
2. Freeman, V. (2021, May 10). The role of Nurses in our society today. Oracle Cerner. The Role of Nurses in Our Society Today (cerner.com)
3. Attitude Psychology. Wikipedia. Retrieved March 27, 2023, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attitude_(psychology)
4. Kaur Sukhpal, Singh Amarjeet. (2021). Nursing Research in 21st century. CBS Publishers and Distributors.
5. Maymoun, Nazneen; Sohail, M. Sadiq (2020). Who Wants to be a Nurse? Understanding Emirati Female Students' Knowledge and Attitudes About Nursing as a Career. Nursing Education Perspectives. 41 (3): E14–E19
6. Cherry, K. (2023, Mar 11). The components of attitude. Verywell mind. https://www.verywellmind.com/attitudes-how-they-form-change-shape-behavior-2795897
7. Rohini T Chaudhari, Sejal Darbar, Kolhe Komal. Attitude of nursing students towards nursing Profession in South Gujarat colleges with a view to develop Guideline for nursing Student. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2019; 7(4): 455-457.
8. Manpreet kaur, Shailja Sharma, Shaveta Sharma. A Descriptive study to Assess the Perception regarding Nursing Profession among Students of Senior Secondary Schools in Kurali (Punjab). Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2018; 6(1): 69-72.
9. Rodríguez-Pérez, M., Mena-Navarro, F., Domínguez-Pichardo, A., & Teresa-Morales, C. (2022). Current Social Perception of and Value Attached to Nursing Professionals' Competences: An Integrative Review. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19(3), 1817. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19031817
10. Mohanasundari SK, Joyce Joseph, Raghu VA, Padmaja A. A Descriptive Cross-Sectional Survey on Public Attitude Towards Nursing Profession in India. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(4):510-4.
11. Mridula Das, Barkha Devi, Ranjita Devi, Sangay Doma Bhutia. Knowledge and Attitude towards Nursing Profession among Adolescent Students of Sikkim. Asian J. Nur. Edu. & Research 4(3): July- Sept., 2014; Page 357-364.
12. Meharunnisa Iqbal Momin, Jagan Karade. A Study of the Perceptions towards Nursing Profession amongB.Sc. Nursing Students Enrolled In Western Maharashtra. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research.2017; 7(4): 534-544.
13. Vijayaraddi Vandali. Nursing Profession: A Review. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2017; 5(4): 444-447.
14. Kirubel Dagnew, Lehulu Tilahun. Study on Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Cardiac Resuscitation Among Nursing Professionals at Dessie Referal hospital, North East Ethiopia. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2020; 8(4):478-482.
15. Bhavna R. Shetty, Rajashree Gujarathi. Applying Job Characteristics Model to Nursing Profession. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management 2(1):Jan. - Mar., 2014; Page 06-11.
16. Ravina Tandon, Pratima Kaushik. Quality of Life and Interpersonal Communication among Nursing Professionals. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research 3(3):July-Sept., 2015; Page 325-329.
17. Chris Thomas. Identify Conflict Resolution Styles used by Nursing Professionals working in Clinical and Academic settings of selected Hospitals and Nursing Colleges of Southwestern Rajasthan. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management 3(3): July- Sept. 2015; Page 273-277