Pravesh Dayal, Vishakha, Nancy Thakur
Pravesh Dayal1, Vishakha1, Nancy Thakur2
1B.SC Nursing Student, School of Nursing, Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pardesh.
2Associate Professor, School of Nursing, Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pardesh.
Volume - 2,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
An estimated 88,000 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States. The first is tobacco, and the second is poor diet and physical inactivity.
Substance abuse can have a negative impact on a person’s physical and mental health. It can lead to conditions such as liver disease, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and depression. Substance abuse can also increase the risk of accidents and injuries. Treatment can involve medication, therapy, and support groups. Recovery is possible with the right help!
Cite this article:
Pravesh Dayal, Vishakha, Nancy Thakur. Review on Effect of Drug Abuse on Health. A and V Pub Journal of Nursing and Medical Research. 2023; 2(1):25-6. doi: 10.52711/jnmr.2023.08
Pravesh Dayal, Vishakha, Nancy Thakur. Review on Effect of Drug Abuse on Health. A and V Pub Journal of Nursing and Medical Research. 2023; 2(1):25-6. doi: 10.52711/jnmr.2023.08 Available on: https://jnmronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-2-1-8
1. Robin A, Rocha JA, Mariam LP, Nelson N, Sebastian S, Jerin J. Effectiveness of Video Assisted Teaching Programme on knowledge regarding the effect of Drug Abuse among adolescents in selected schools at Kollam. International Journal of Advances in Nursing Management. 2019; 7(3):206-10.
2. Rachman WO, Syafar M, Nasir S, Amiruddin R, Ahmad AK, Abdullah MT. Drugs Abuse Behavior Prevention Model through Family Approach in Adolescents in Kendari City. Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal. 2022 Sep 29; 15(3):1497-502.
3. Ekpang PU, Anyin NN. Perceived Effect of Drugs Abuse on Adherence to Rules and Regulation Among Undergraduate Students in University of Calabar, Calabar-Implication for Counselling. Webology (ISSN: 1735-188X). 2021; 18(6).
4. Boh SA. Drugs Abuse on Students Academics Performance. South Eastern Journal of Research and Sustainable Development (Sejrsd). 2022 Apr 20; 8(1):53-93.
5. Smith MF, Hiller HC. influence of drug abuse on human health in United States of America. African Journal of Emerging Issues. 2021 Dec 12; 3(11):16-28.